Thursday, April 19, 2007

Learning: Ruby

Stephen Covey says that one's current knowledge has a half life of 2 years at most.

Dennis Waitley goes on and on about dedicating oneself to 'Life Long Learning'. It's always good to keep learning something so as to remain relevant in today's knowledge based economy.

I feel that I'll always dabbling in technology. So, I have decided that I'll start finding out what the buzz is about Ruby and web development. The author - Yukihiro Matsumoto, a.k.a. ``Matz'' - says that when he was developing Ruby, he wanted '.. a language more powerful than Perl, and more object-oriented than Python'. I'll decide what project i can work towards achieving sooner or later.

Some resources,
Any one in Kenya with experience with Ruby, please come give a talk @ skunkworks :)

No comments: