Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Personal Development - Task Lists and TV

I recently began to slowly apply some of the basic things I've been listening to and reading from the likes of Jim Rohn, Dennis Waitley and Brian Tracy.

One of this is getting stuff done. Meeting goals and targets.

Its elementary really: since a good number of people go into shopping centres and markets with a shopping list.

Jim Rohn says something to the effect that you should 'finish' the day before you even start it. Meaning you have a plan of what you want to achieve through that day. Then once you have that you plan your week, the week before, the month etc. Then of course do the daily, weekly and monthly, and yearly reviews.

I don't think I am perfect in this - considering how long writing this post has been on my task list. But the key thing is that it got done. I guess with time (hopefully very soon) I shall become much more disciplined.

It's helped out a lot lately though since I get more stuff done in a day.


How much does your TV cost you?

One other thing that I have found rather easy to do is limit my hours in front of the TV. Dennis Waitley calls 7pm - 11pm prime time. When a good number of us spend watching other guys making their money when we could be learning a new skill, finding out about a new culture by interacting with people, or simply reinforcing our vocabulary with a good book.

I must confess though that I wouldn't miss a game featuring Arsenal, unless it clashed with my music or bible study. I however hardly spend more than four hours a week in front of the TV. Sounds boring but in fact its not.

So the TV could be costing much more than the ~20000 KShs it costs to purchase.

1 comment:

Gitts said...

true tv can be a real time waster. Just get home ssit in front of the TV and all of a sudden it's already 10