Thursday, October 26, 2006

CFA.. ideas anyone?

I'm considering working on improving my finance skills now that i've been in IT and telecoms for a while and have always been interested in finance, just that i'm also hooked to IT :). I'm calling it a shift in focus from a merely technical approach in business to a broader perspective.

I'm considering being a CFA one day. However, I am more interested in the contents, the material knowledge etc. The exam itself is something i can work on later, maybe after 2-3 years.

I know strathmore have a CFA course.

Any ideas from anyone on how to proceed?

5 comments:

Pekiro said...

Its gd 2 diversify ur profession, i think Daystar also offer CFA

Irena said...

Have you checked on the programs offered by Kenya School of Monetary studies? Their web address is: http://www.ksms.or.ke/akib.html

The Alpha Quadrant said...

I'll look at those options when I get round to studying. I'm also looking at reading alot on my own anyway so I'll probably start by doing that coz a formal class every evening is not exactly what i want to do right now

Anonymous said...

Some information about CFA exam you can find on http://www.analyst-exam.com

I've made the site on my own and trying to advertise it. You can put link to it on your site if you want.

Best regards,
Chris

The Alpha Quadrant said...

Chris: Thanks for your really useful site, considering i want to do this as a self study. I'll link it to my site as soon as I can.